Christian Values and ethos
Welcome to Driffield Church of England Infant School. We are a friendly and welcoming infant school that has the happiness and education of every child at the centre of all we try to achieve.
As a Church School the Christian vision, values and ethos thread through everything we do and are central to our policies and practice.
(Jesus said) “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put in under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your father in Heaven.”
(Matthew 5: 14-16) (taken from the Sermon on the Mount)
“Learn to let your light shine!”
This passage taken from the words of Jesus at the Sermon on the Mount, underpins our vision to work to support all pupils and staff to flourish and excel in their aspirations. We welcome all God’s children and their families into our Driffield Infant School Community. A place where children and adults of all faiths and none, flourish and are inspired by the Christian character and values of our school and learn to love God, one another and themselves (Mark 12:30-31)in order that they can ‘Live Life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
We do this through:
- Embedding our Christian Values; Friendship, Peace, Respect, Perseverance, Creativity and Honesty throughout school life;
- Acknowledging that both academic achievement and social and emotional development and well-being are intrinsically linked and equally well supported
- An engaging curriculum both indoors and out that fosters a delight and wonder in learning ensuring that all pupils(and adults) have the skills and wisdom for life-long learning
- Being a beacon in the community through strong partnerships with others
Our school vision was revisited in 2019 in consultation with staff, governors, children and parents to develop something that was pertinent to the needs of our school community and was relevant to our changing school population. It is underpinned by Biblical teachings and is the driving force for all decisions made in school.
We teach and encourage our children to:
- Be good friends with one another and embrace friendship;
- Respect other people and their environment
- To always tell the truth and demonstrate honesty
- To solve conflict and work and play in peace
- To always try their hardest and never give up demonstrating perseverance;
- To be creative in their learning and play and to enquire and explore
Our Vision and Values were derived following extensive consultation with children, staff, parents and governors and are reviewed annually.