Learning at home
On the links below you can access the activities that we have planned for the summer term:
Summer Second Half-Term
Weeks 5 and 6 (6th July to 17th July 2020)
- Week 5 and 6 Home Learning
- Back to Earth with a Bump
- Mirror Doubles
- Phase 4 Lesson 5
- Phase 4 Lesson 6
- Phase 4 Lesson 7
- Postcard writing
- Subitising War
- Things to take to Space
Weeks 3 and 4 (22nd June to 3rd July 2020)
- Week 3 and 4 Home Learning
- 2D shape hunt
- Bear Sequencing 1
- Bear Writing task
- Cover me up
- Phase 4 Lesson 3
- Phase 4 Lesson 4
- The Bear Who Came to Babysit
Weeks 1 and 2 (8th to 19th June 2020)
- Home Learning Projects
- Letter Formation
- Phase 3 Revision
- Phase 4 Lesson 1
- Phase 4 Lesson 2
- Repeating Patterns
- Roll and cover game
- Stop Telling Fibs ebook
- Stop Telling Fibs Rhyming Task
- Stop Telling Fibs Writing Frame
- Explanation Letter
- Driffield Diner
- Driffield Zoo
- On The Farm
- English: Rainbows (please note that the school has indeed made a donation to Great Ormond Street hospital to use these resources).
Week commencing Monday 18th May
7. Week Five
Week commencing Monday 11th May
- Week 4: Victorian Hospitals
- Week 4: Resources 1
- Week 4: Resources 2
- Spelling and grammar week 4
- Fun challenges week 4
Week commencing Monday 4th May
- Project three: Victorian schools
- Week 3 resources
- Spelling and grammar week 3
- Fun challenges week 3
Week commencing Monday 27th April
Week commencing Monday 20th April
- Parent letter
- Phonics activities
- Maths activities
- Somebody swallowed Stanley activities!
- Vowels activities
- Letter name activity
- Letter formation activity
- Phonics phase 2 revision sheet
Hello to all the Starfish and Turtles out there (and their parents)!
There will be a daily maths lesson. The first 2 weeks will be all about mass and capacity. You can access the lesson and the relevant worksheets by clicking on the following link
https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ week 1 and 2 (not summer term week 1)
If you are not able to print out the sheets and you need a paper copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org (W/b 20th April) or Victoria.email@example.com (this week & w/b 27th April) and we will leave packs in envelopes outside of the school door for you to collect on Monday
This term was going to be all about our town and things that have happened in the past such as the Great Flood of Driffield. We were also going to be looking at plants and habitats. We thought you might like to be starting to think about this at home.
Things you can do at home :- (Summer term week 1-2)
- Think about all the shops in Driffield – how many can you name and what do they sell? Can you list at least 15?
- Listen to the story of the Jolly Postman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpeo_0yoD0k Can you write a letter to one of the characters about what you have been doing since school closed? If you post it to school maybe one of the characters might reply! After reading the book can you complete a book review – remember capital letters and full stops!
- If you have a garden or yard have a rummage around and see what tiny bugs are living there. Some live in trees and bushes and some on the ground. Fill in the recording sheet! Ask an adult if you can borrow an old sheet, put it under a bush and shake the bush GENTLY – see what insects fall out (don’t have your head in the way or things will go into your hair!)
- IF you have any seeds at home why not plant some and keep a record of how they are growing each week. Keep a plant diary.
- Keep using your Bug Club account – try to read at least 2 books a week.
- Most importantly keep having fun at home doing lots of art tasks and baking and playing.
Week 3 & 4
- Explanation letter
- Project One: Queen Victoria
- Week 1 resources
- Maths resources
- Spelling and grammar
- Fun challenges!
Alternatively, we have put together seven weekly projects. Please click on each week to access the plan. These plans include a variety of written, creative, online activities that you can enjoy together as a family. These are best done in order but can be done in any order you like.
Below are some links to websites you may find useful should school be closed, all can be accessed free, you may need to set up your own log in, the BBC websites may ask you to log in as you would on i-player.
|Teach your Monsters to Read||The Reading Realm||The Oxford Owl||
(need log in)
|BBC Bitesize KS1 maths||Cbeebies maths||Number blocks||ICT games|
|mystery science||nature detectives-activities for the garden||Red Ted Art|