Activities for Children
Getting Ready to start school- Top 10 Tips
1. Learn to wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and warm water.
2. If you cough or sneeze do so into your elbow then use a tissue to wipe your nose and put it in the bin. Next wash your hands.
3. Talk to your friends and family as much as possible!
4. Learn to put your coat on and zip it up by yourself.
5. Go to the toilet by yourself.
6. Put on your own clothes and shoes.
7. Learn to hold a knife and fork to cut up food.
8. Be able to say how you feel.
9. Recognise your name.
10.Have lots of energy ready to learn!
Supporting Emotions at Home
Here are some activities that can support you and your child as they to transition between pre-school to school.
·Read The Colour Monster story by Anna Llenas https://youtu.be/Ih0iu80u04Y
Draw or print out jar shapes that you and your child can colour with your feeling from the story
Print out and colour the monster pictures or draw and colour in your own monsters.
Download the happy, sad, angry sorting game
Here are some ideas for activities to develop your child's physical skills
Early Literacy Games
Early Maths Games
Favourite School Worship Songs and Bible Stories for you to enjoy
We love to sing songs in worship, here are links to two of our favourites