Mission Statement, Values and Aims
Welcome to Driffield Church of England Infant School. We are a friendly and welcoming infant school that has the happiness and education of every child at the centre of all we try to achieve.
'Learning through Friendship and Fun'
At Driffield Church of England Infant School, we all work together to ensure that our school is a happy and exciting place in which to learn. We respect and care for each other and have high expectations of what we can achieve. Relationships in our school are founded on Christian Values ensuring that everyone is unique and valued. We all strive to ensure we are laying the foundations for lifelong learning.
At Driffield Church of England Infant School we aim to nurture and inspire our children to ensure they:
- Are happy and confident learners;
- Have a thirst for learning;
- Have enquiring minds;
- Value themselves and others and demonstrate our Christian Values.
We do this through:
- An engaging curriculum;
- Threading strong Christian Values; friendship, perseverance, respect, honesty, peace, creativity throughout school life;
- Working in partnership with families;
- Having high expectations for all;
- Working closely with the local and wider community.
We teach and encourage our children to:
- Be good friends with one another and embrace friendship;
- Respect other people and their environment
- To always tell the truth and demonstrate honesty
- To solve conflict and work and play in peace
- To always try their hardest and never give up demonstrating perseverance;
- To be creative in their learning and play and to enquire and explore
Our Aims and Values were derived following extensive consultation with children, staff, parents and governors.